Madison Beach Hotel Grassy Strip Concert Series 2022May 2022
Madison, Conn. [May 10, 2022] – The greatly anticipated Grassy Strip Concert Series at Madison Beach Hotel is back for the 2022 summer season! Free, live outdoor shows begin June 30 and run each Thursday for ten weeks.
“We are beyond thrilled to welcome this treasured concert series back to the Grassy Strip,” said General Manager John Mathers. “The weekly summer experience bonds us as a community as we create timeless memories at this magical place on Long Island Sound.”
The sensational musical line-up kicks off on June 30 with Christine Ohlman the Beehive Queen. With her trademark mile-high platinum beehive hairdo and enviable collection of sequins and rhinestones, Ohlman looks like a lady to be reckoned with, and when she opens her mouth to sing, the truth comes out. In her own words—”I give it to an audience straight, which is the way I like it myself.”
Free and open to the public, The Grassy Strip Concerts are 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. and begin with The Pledge of Allegiance. Summertime food and beverages will be available for sale.
- Thursday, June 30: Christine Ohlman, the Beehive Queen
- Thursday, July 7: The Petty Larceny Band — A Tribute to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (Sponsored in part by United Concrete)
- Thursday, July 14: John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band
- Thursday, July 21: Linda Ronstadt Experience, featuring Tristan McIntosh (Sponsored in part by Lawson’s Finest Liquids)
- Thursday, July 28: Tommy Conwell & The HouseRockers
- Thursday, August 4: Carla Cooke
- Thursday, August 11: Jimmy Vivino
- Thursday, August 18: Jeff Pitchell
- Thursday, August 25: The FIXX (Sponsored in part by United Concrete)
- Thursday, September 1: Peter and Brendan Mayer (Sponsored in part by Madison Neighbors Magazine)
*Show Line-Up Subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can I park? Parking is extremely limited on the West Wharf. Hotel Valet Parking is available for hotel overnight guests and guests whom have dinner reservations in The Wharf. Otherwise continuous shuttle service will be available from the Scranton Gazebo (Stop & Shop Parking Lot) and the Surf Club Parking Lot (13 Surf Club Road) beginning at 6 p.m.
- What time does the show start? The show begins with the Pledge of Allegiance and announcements at 7 p.m.; music begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Should I bring my own chairs? Yes, the lawn will be open for guests to sit and enjoy the music and the sunset on the shoreline. Please bring your own chairs and blankets.
- Will food & beverage be available for sale? Yes, food and beverage concessions will be available for sale on our lawn.
- May I bring my own food and beverage? Outside food and beverage is not permitted. Alcoholic beverages will be available for sale and consumption is permitted in designated areas.
- How can I make a reservation for The Wharf Restaurant? For restaurant reservations, click here.
- How can I or my company become a sponsor of a concert? For sponsorship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Beach Hotel is located at 94 West Wharf Road, Madison, Connecticut.
For a full listing of other upcoming events, visit https://www.thewharfmadiso.wpengine.com/news/